Jan 03, 2014
Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, invisible gas that results when certain fuels do not burn completely. And it can be deadly. That's why it's important to know how to prevent it, detect it, and protect yourself and your family from its effects.
In the home, carbon monoxide is most commonly formed by flames and heaters, as well as vehicles or generators that are running in an attached garage. As temperatures drop and more people are cranking the heat and hovering over the stove inside and warming up the car's engine before hitting the road, it's especially critical to ensure your family's safety against this lethal gas.
Since carbon monoxide cannot be detected without a carbon monoxide detection device, it is essential to install and maintain one or more detectors in your home.
At Philip B. Robinson Insurance, we want you and your family to stay protected, so check out the following tips from CAL FIRE San Diego County Fire Authority for safeguarding your household.
At Philip B. Robinson Insurance, we hope you never have to use the following tips from the Mayo Clinic, but please read on for good information that could help save a life.
If you suspect that you or someone you know has been exposed to carbon monoxide, check for the following symptoms:
If any of the symptoms exist, move the individual into fresh air and seek emergency medical care immediately.
For further questions about your home insurance, contact us at 949-474-9300 or brian [at] pbrinsurance [dot] com.
Tell your friends about us and we'll send you a $10 gift card. More »
Information you need, when and where you need it most. More »
brian [at] pbrinsurance [dot] com
Laguna Hills office23185 La Cadena Drive, Suite 101